The most blissful moment of your life (following holding your baby for the first time in your arms) is looking at your small angel smile with his only pearly white glowing in all its glory. But, the sparkle of that little pearl can fade out quite swiftly if tooth decay begins to set.
Our small critter will get his primary milk tooth during babyhood. The progression starts on when your toddler attain the grown old age of six months and ends when he is around three years old. When your kid initiates teething, it might result in meek uneasiness and perhaps fever. Though, the discomposure is not anything compared to dental caries or tooth decay that can arise in the end.
The never-ending infectious disease have an effect on children. Dental decay is 5 times more widespread than asthma.
- 42% tooth decay have an effect on 50%of children aged 2-11 years in India.
- 30% children ages 5-11 years have had tooth filling.
- 20% children ages 5-11 years have cavities that aren’t filled.
Healthy Teeth at Every Age
What your child really needs:
- Wipe up your baby’s teeth with wet cloth after giving them feed to put off bacteria build-up.
- Let your baby chomp on a cold object like a firm teething ring or cold apple and feed them cold and soft foods.
- The first tooth generally begin erupting around 6 months
First dental visit
- Your child’s earliest drive to dentist must generally happen by their first birthday, when they normally have teeth noticeable in their mouth. Schedule exams every 6 months to keep your child comfy with the dentist office.
Top mistakes parents make with their kids teeth:
Letting them brush their teeth unaccompanied
- Your children need your help to make convinced they are brushing as it have to be and cleaning all the facades of their teeth. It takes time to turn into good brusher
Letting babies to sleep while drinking from a bottle
- Baby bottle tooth decay is a great trouble, and sleeping with a bottle having milk and juice in the mouth is the peak cause.
Waiting to plan the first exam
- Parents delay until their kid is 2 or 3 to take them to dentist, but this makes it more expected that they will have cavities and in future they will call for general anesthesia for management.
Providing secretly sugary snacks
- Try to constraint choices like bananas, raisins and the gummy sweet treats that stick to their teeth. You must also stay away from soda and sports drinks for kids and teens similar.
- Cavities can lead to long term problems for your kids, even if they take hold in baby teeth. Baby teeth guides in budding permanent teeth. Cavities can show the way to problems with self-respect and school presentation.
- The ADA recommends that children use fluoride toothpaste from the age of 1 onwards to prevent cavities. Use an amount of grain of rice for kids under 3 and size of a pea for kids 3-6.
Here are 10 tips to Oral and Dental Care for Kids:
- Catch them young
One thing you would notice about adults is that most of the lifestyle they have are having the ones they have been acclimatize to since their early days.
Habits can be virtuous or awful and kids pick up mainly of their habits from the persons surrounding them and by watching their environs. It is important that they should be trained with some moral habits about oral hygiene from a young age.
- Make sure they brush properly
Brushing is for the most part basic practice for any person. But, if you do not brush your teeth correctly, it will not abide any significant effect.
- The baby must brush their teeth at least for a minute and they are moving the brush along their teeth and gums properly.
- You ought to also modify their brush at numerous.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Always keep fun toothbrushes for kids to choose from everyday
- Use flavored tooth paste that increase interest of kid in brushing.
- Visit a dentist at regular intervals
It is sensible to go to see a dentist once in every six months. Mainly parents take their kid to a dentist when they notice a dental problem in him.
You should have listen to the saying that prevention is better than cure. Flossing is obligatory
As most people do not understand this, flossing is as main as brushing your teeth. Flossing aid in plaque leftovers of food items and other stuff from places in your gums and teeth where brush cannot reach. It is hard for the bristles of the brush to get to between the teeth and other places like under the gums.
- Reward them, if they follow your instructions
Recompense your kids when they stay on your directions for all day cleaning and flossing. You may reward them some playoffs, doll or let them go for an outing, movie etc.
- Healthy eating limit snacks and sugar
Instruct your brood which foodstuff is superior for them and which can result acute pain in the teeth. Demonstrate them examples so that they can better appreciate. Ask them to eat healthy, limit on snacks and sugary food products.
- Protein-rich breakfast
You should be sure that your baby do not miss out breakfast and take it on time. The breakfast have to be healthy and rich in protein as various reports by leading doctors put forward that a breakfast rich in protein curbs the craving to have something sweet. While involving in sweets rarely, having too much of it is bad for the teeth and the health.
- Keep a check on eating habits
It is not achievable to supervise what your child eats all the time. Regardless of how hard you try, you cannot keep an eye on them 24 x 7 but, you have to try to keep a check on their diet and deject them from eating whatever thing that is detrimental. If you do not daunt them from an early age, they will choose up the bad habit of consuming junk food from an early age.
- Use a straw
It may appear like a very easy thing but with a straw while consuming soft drink, soda or any other sweetened drink lessen the disclosure to sugar significantly. Though this kind of drinks are damaging and must be stayed away from, if your child insists on having it once in a while make sure he drinks it using a straw.
- Do not let them put their thumb in their mouth
A large number of kids have this habit of placing their thumb in their mouth. This is a appalling habit and must be sturdily dispirited. This is not as big trouble when the teeth has not started budding but if this habit continues even when the teeth have entirely grown, it can show the way to misalignment in teeth and verbal communication issues.
- Fluoride Content
You have to test out for fluoride content in the water you drink. Some persons over and over again put forward the question whether fluoride is superior for one or not. Fluoride is in fact very good for teeth and helps in maintaining your gums and enamel strong protect them from any type of decay.
It is essential to in assessing the pattern of oral cleanliness in children from a childish age as these habits will stay with them for a long time and help out them keep hold of healthy teeth till their old age
- Visiting a Dentist
Ask over your family dentist regarding the preventive measures:
Dental Sealants: Dental sealants can proffer your brood years of extra safety from cavities, sealing cracks and spaces between teeth where bacteria can undoubtedly amass and cause damage.
GC tooth Mousse: GC Tooth Mousse is largely useful for under 2’s where it put down a surface film that boost levels of vital minerals and well as holding back the advancement of decay brings about bacteria. “Newly erupted teeth have yet to complete their enamel maturation and until this happen they are more susceptible to acid attack. Enhancing levels of calcium and phosphate in the saliva facilitates the typical post eruption maturation progression and restore mineral loss on an every day basis. RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP) is derivative from cows’ milk and is perfect for defending deciduous teeth at a time when oral care is not easy.
Fluoride Applications: Fluoride varnish is a dental treatment that can facilitate to avert tooth decay, slow it down, or prohibit it from getting poorer. Fluoride varnish is made with fluoride, a mineral that can reinforce tooth enamel .Keep in mind that fluoride varnish treatments cannot wholly put off cavities. Fluoride varnish treatments can best help stop decay when a child is also brushing using the right quantity of toothpaste with fluoride, flossing. Frequently, getting regular dental care and eating a healthy diet.