Dental Sterlization and Disinfection
We follow all the disinfection and sterilization procedures needed for infection control. These are used for each and every patient to prevent the transmission of the AIDS virus and other infectious diseases. Preventing the spread of disease is of the utmost concern for both the dental staff and the patient. You can be assured that at Advanced Dental Care Centre, we meet or exceed all standards for infection control as set forth by ADA (American Dental Association) and IDA ( Indian Dental Association). We regularly undergo training to insure that our infection control skills and knowledge is fresh and up to date in India and world to offer the best possible dental tourism experience to our patients..Some (but not all) of the infection control methods we utilize are:
- Our entists and dental-team members (dental hygienist and assistant) wash their hands and put on a fresh pair of gloves before starting treatment. New disposable gloves are used whenever we enter the operatory
- Masks and protective eyewear are worn during dental procedures
- Disposable supplies such as masks, wipes, paper drapes, suction/water tube tips, needles and scalpel blades, are used only once and then disposed of properly. Using disposable items is another way that dentists maintain a clean and safe office.
- All surfaces are either covered with disposable plastic or disinfected prior to each patient's use
- All instruments, including handpieces, are sterilized after each use and sealed . Instruments are first scrubbed clean to remove debris and then they're sterilized in a steam autoclave or in a heat-pressurized oven. Instruments that cannot withstand such high temperatures are scrubbed clean, rinsed and then soaked in a disinfectant for a specific amount of time.
- Our sterilization equipment is regularly checked to insure its effectiveness in killing all pathogenic organisms
- Surgical scrubs or over-garments are worn (we do not wear scrubs out of the office)
- All hazardous material is clearly labeled
- Bio-hazardous waste material is separately stored and removed from the facility
The sterilization methods used in our centre are: autoclaving (steam under pressure), dry heat oven, chemical vapors (commonly called a chemiclave). These measures are carried out rigorously and consistently and demonstrate our commitment to your safety.
Never let uncertainty about safety keep you away from getting dental treatment done in India, or cause anxiety while you're here, because your and our health is too important. We as health professionals are more susceptible to contact infectious diseases while working on our patients. And therefore we follow stringent measures of sterilization and disinfection for everyone’s safety.
If you have any questions about our infection control methods, please do not hesitate to ask.
Contact us for an appointment and rest assured that every available means to protect you is being utilized.