Why Immediate Loaded Dental Implants Procedure
- • prosthesis is placed shortly after implant placement enabling immediate function of teeth
- • dental implant treatment timings is shorten with less trauma and an overall better patient experience
Contra-indications for Immediate Loaded Dental Implants Procedure
Your dentist or periodontist need to perform a comprehensive assessment before determing if immediate load dental implants are suited for each individual's case. Immediate load implants requires:
- • Adequate bone that is able to support the dental implant
- • Scrupulous good oral hygiene
- • Good general overall health
- • Absence of teeth grinding habits
- • Willingness to adhere to a soft diet for 8 to 12 weeks post surgery
Benefits of Immediate Loaded Implants
- • Good esthetic results
- • Shorter treatment time with minimized pain
- • Immediately functioning teeth
However, immediate loaded implants does not apply to all cases and is largely dependent on the individual's bone quality and condition.
There are certain conditions that preclude the procedure of immediate loading. The decision to immediately load the implant is largely dependent on a large extent on the clinical judgment of the operating surgeon. However, certain rules must be kept in mind:
- • The patient should be healthy and compliant with good oral hygiene.
- • Good bone quality and quantity is a prime requirement for immediate implants to be successful
- • The site selected for immediate loading should be free from any infection. Infact even the neighboring teeth should be free from radiologic/clinical signs of infection.
- • Even in good bone quality and quantity cases, if the drilling technique removes a lot of bone so that primary implant stability is not attained, immediate loading should not be attempted.
- • Stable relationships between opposing teeth.
Following placement of the artificial roots in the jaw, the bone may be sore and the surrounding gums tender and swollen. Patients are, however, able to go about their normal daily activities a day after surgery avoiding any rigorous physical exercises or activities.
For your immediate loaded implants, the same postcare instructions apply as that of conventional dental implants. Dental implants require the same care as real teeth, including brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups.
Goto section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Dental Implants