Advance Dental Care Centre is a leading name in the field of Dental Implants in the region. We offer all sorts of major international dental implant systems at our clinic.
A dental implant is a surgical component that interfaces with the roots of missing teeth, and are used to support crowns, bridges or dentures. Placed in the jawbone surgically, an implant is replacement of missing tooth roots. Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed in case of either permanent or removable teeth. Also known as fixtures, these are meant to match your natural teeth, and can last for a lifetime.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Losing your teeth leads to subsequent dire physical and cosmetic consequences. Not just hampering your natural smile, loss of chewing function or inability to eat properly can even adversely affect your metal makeup. While these are serious issues, a potentially bigger problem lies with risk of bone loss.
It’s not all the gloomy – the good news is that tooth replacement with dental implant offers a great solution to help prevent bone loss. Dental Implants offer many advantages, including but not limited to:
- Raised self-esteem: one of the biggest advantages of dental implant is that enhances your self-esteem by restoring your smile back
- Improved oral health: A denture or bridges can serve satisfactory result in case of loss of teeth but implants provide better support and usually results in more comfortable and stable replacement teeth. Without trimming our own natural teeth for support, it offers better efficiency
- Improved quality of life: dental implants helps your lead a comfortable life while boosting your confidence. It gets rid of you from the fear of misplaced dentures and messy pastes and glues.
- Durability: Dental implants are very durable and can even last for entire lifetime if taken good care of.
- Tooth-saving: unlike a bridge, dental implants don’t sacrifice on the quality of your adjacent tooth. Your own teeth are left untouched, which offers a significant long-term benefit to your oral health.
Success rate of dental implants
With success rate of up to 98%, dental implants are highly successful and safe surgical components. With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
We, at Advance Dental Care Centre thoroughly examine to determine where and how your implant should be placed. Depending on your specific condition and the type of implant chosen, the Periodontist create a treatment plan tailored to meet the specific requirement of each individual.
Types of dental implants
Typically made of Titanium, dental implants are mainly of following two types:
- Endosteal: the most common form, dental implants are placed in the jawbones in case of Endosteal. Typically shaped like small screws, cylinders or plates, each implant holds one or more prosthetic teeth.
- Subperiosteal: these dental implants are placed on, or above the jawbone. These types of dental implants are very beneficial for patients having shallow bones, who are unable to wear conventional dentures.
Who is an implant candidate?
All those who wish to replace their missing teeth, or a single missing tooth, become candidate for dental implant procedure. However, not everybody, is an ideal candidate.
A good candidate should have healthy, disease-free gum tissues the remainder of the teeth and gums need to be stable in order to put in dental implants, which are likely to work. In case a patient is having some oral problems like dental decay, broken teeth or any kind of gum disease then that needs to cured first before going in for the implant procedure.
Healthy but dense jawbone also makes it challenging to place the dental implants. Also, in case of patients lacking the right amount to bone in the right place, grafting techniques can be used alternatively.
It is very important for patients to keep their teeth and gums clean in order to sustain success of the dental implants. So before going in for placement of dental implants, we have to ensure that.
The implant procedure
Dental implant procedure is teamwork between you; your dentist and your periodontist to get you desired results. The first step is to determine how and where your implant should be placed and your dentist and periodontist decide that after consulting with you. Afterwards, a tailor made plan is devised for you, specific to your individual requirements.
The first step in the dental implant procedure is the placement of the titanium. Then a local anaesthetic will make the area numb so that incision process can be carried out. Using special instruments, a socket is created while ensuring that no damage is done to the bone.
After receiving dental implant
Dental implants are like natural teeth hence require the same kind of care. As you care for your own natural teeth, you have to take care of your implant. So it is important to brush and floss regularly. After you receive dental implant, period follow-up visits will be scheduled to closely monitor your implant